SSC GD Constable official notification has been released on the official website. However, the official exam date will be announced very soon. Many of you must be anticipating theSSC GD examand might have started preparation as well. This article is dedicated to those who are seekingSSC GD Constable Reasoning Tips Ability. We have covered some tips and strategies that will help you during preparation and actual exams to tackle reasoning ability-based questions easily.
Prepare for SSC GD Constable Reasoning Tips – Topic wise weightage
Before starting with theSSC GD Constable Reasoning Preparing Tips for the exam, know the topic-wise weightage. This will help you segregate the topics based on the marks they hold in the exam.
|Topic||Weightage||Total Marks||Total Qs|
|Ordering & Ranking||2-3|
|Clock & Calendar||0-1|
|Direction and Distances||1-2|
How to Prepare for SSC GD Constable Reasoning Tips
Let’s now start with the SSC GD Constable Reasoning Tips. The reasoning is a comparatively time-consuming section of the SSC GD Constable Exam. This article gives a detailed approach to the ways to tackle difficult topics with effective time management and accuracy. This will help you to score well and get through the exams easily. However, a little dedication from your end, regular practice, and mock tests will help you achieve success. Follow the below tips and strategies below that will help you to solve this section easily and in less time.
SSC GD Constable Reasoning Tips – Easy Questions
Classification & Analogies
- You will have one question fromClassification and Analogies.
- This section iseasyand quick to solve.
- Practice the questions from this section to solve them with accuracy and maximum marks.
- The questions in the Classification section are based onnumbers, letters, GK, and Meaningful Words.
- In the Analogies question, you have to answer the fourth blank part of the question to complete the set.
- You have to practice finding answers to the given options. These are also based on “odd man out”.
The questions in this section are based on Statements & Conclusions. You have to find out the most suitable and logically correct answer from the given statements.
- Drawing Venn Diagrams is the best trick to avoid confusion between the categories mentioned in different statements.
- Read each question clearly and take one step at a time. This will help avoid the overlapping of categories.
- Practice more questions related to this topic for accuracy.
- The trick to answering the questions from verbal analogies quickly is to find the relationship between terms in the first pair.
- Build up a strong vocabulary. This will be of great help to solve questions on this topic.
SSC GD Constable Reasoning Tips – Moderate Questions
- Questions in this section are based on General blood relations, Family tree, and Coded blood Relations.
- Drawing tree diagrams will help you solve questions easily from this section.
- Read the basic tricks for a better understanding of this section(1)General Understanding of Blood Relationsand(2)Understanding Complex Relations.
- The questions from this section are based on,Blood Relations,Coding-decoding,Circular Arrangements,,Ages & Birth dates.
- Solve as many questions as possible to make this section easy and less time-consuming.
Seating Arrangement (Circular & Linear)
- Linear Seating Arrangement questions are Floor Based, Persons sitting in a single row / dual row. All of them may be facing to one direction only (either north or south) or both directions north & south.
- You will be given one more variable to make the problem more complicated.
- Circular Arrangement includes Uni & Bi-directional problems on circular, square, rectangular tables.
- The Linear questions are mostly related toSingle or Double rowsfacing each other/ away from each other/ in the same direction.
- For more understanding read this(1)How to Approach Circular Arrangementsand(2)Circular Arrangements.
SSC GD Constable Reasoning Tips – Tricky Questions
Coding & Decoding
- This section includesLetter Shifting,Coding in Fictitious Language,Operation on place values, Coding by analogy, Coding by words, Conditional Matrix.
- Pay close attention to the numbers and alphabetsin the given code.
- Make sure to properly check the sequencesgiven in the questions are in an ascending or descending order.
- To answer correctly you should first check the pattern that the question follows.
- Read these articles for more help(1)Shortcut to Solve Coding Decodingand(2)Coding Decoding for Bank Exams.
- The questions from this section are mostly related to pictorial analogies, symbol series, finding the next picture based on the previous set of pictures, symbolic operations, numeric patterns, spatial relations, space visualizations, etc.
- Regular practice of this section will help you have a strong spatial reasoning aptitude that would help to accurately and easily solve questions from this part. Mirror image, space image are a few examples of these types of questions.
Matrix and Puzzles
- Matrix and Puzzles based questions are tricky and time-consuming.
- Reading the questions carefully is the best way to solve this section with accuracy.
- Improving your reading skills and trying to read at speed to solve this section with a higher accuracy level.
- Also, solve a number of questions or quizzes to get hands-on solving Puzzles.
General tips for SSC GD Constable 2023
After learning about particular SSC GD Constable Reasoning Preparation tips, it’s time to learn about some general guidelines that can help you ace the exam. The following are some general preparation ideas for SSC GD Constable 2023:
Practice the Previous Year Papers
Examine previous exams to discover what types of questions were asked, what level of difficulty you should expect in the future, and what questions you might be asked.SSC GD Constable previous year examswould help you lessen the possibility of making a mistake when selecting an exam topic.
Go through the SSC GD Constable Syllabus properly
It is important for the candidates to go thoroughly through theSSC GD Constable Syllabus2023 to not miss anything during the exam. Remember to start with the tough chapters first and then go to the simpler ones. It is also important to leave enough time for the revision, so plan accordingly.
Practice as many mock tests
To solve the questions easily and with accuracy, you must practice and take up quizzes for each topic. With this, you will definitely score well and excel in the SSC GD Constable exam. Our team wishes you all the best for a bright future!
Give special focus to the important topics
You can choose which topics to focus on and which aspects need to be addressed after reviewing the previous year’s papers. The most important thing to do for SSC GD Constable Recruitment is to select an important topic and prepare it thoroughly.
Time management is the key!
Finally, once you’ve finished preparing all of the sections, you’ll need to arrange your time strategy for the actual paper. You could utilize this time management technique for your mock tests. This will enable you to confidently solve your entire paper.
Best Books for SSC GD Constable Reasoning 2023
From the viewpoint of the exam, General Intelligence is a critical subject. It assesses the candidate’s general and logical mental abilities. This portion on general intelligence and reasoning necessitates a great deal of practice so that students can answer all of the questions in less time and with greater accuracy. Given below are the bank details forBest Books for SSC GD Constable2023
|General Intelligence and Test of Reasoning||Vikas Experts||S Chand|
|Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||Dr. RS Aggarwal||S.Chand|
|Analytical reasoning||Manohar Pandey||–|
Do’s and Don’ts for SSC GD Constable Exam 2023?
Given below are some of the do and don’ts for SSC GD Constable 2023:
- Before the exam, don’t read any new chapters or sections.
- Don’t put too much pressure on yourself; instead, try to be confident.
- Drink plenty of water and eat nutritious foods.
- Go to bed early and don’t get up till late at night.
Solve Free Tests on Testbook and practice for various other Government Recruitment Exams. For more such information, download theTestbook Apptoday!
Solve Free Qs for SSC GD Exam
In case of any doubts regarding SSC GD Constable 2023, share it with our expert and your fellow aspirants on our Testbook Discuss.
Which book is best for SSC GD Constable 2022? ›
|SSC GD Book List (General Intelligence and Reasoning)|
|Books for SSC GD||Authors and Publications|
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||Author: R.S. Agarwal Publication: S. Chand (Revised Edition)|
|Non-Verbal Reasoning||Author: BS Sijwali & Indu Sijwali Publication: Arihant|
- General Intelligence and Reasoning.
- General Awareness.
- Elementary Mathematics.
- Senior Constable.
- Head Constable.
- Assistant Sub Inspector.
- Sub Inspector.
Ans. The online SSC GD online examination consists of 4 sections having a total of 80 questions.How can I clear my SSC GD in first attempt? ›
SSC GD 2023 Preparation Tips
Candidates must have a clear understanding of the SSC GD Syllabus. Examine the previous year papers for SSC GD Constable. Prepare a proper schedule for the SSC GD 2022-23 exam, revision time, and practise. Take as many SSC GD Constabke Mock Tests as you can.
According to historical patterns, the minimal passing score for the SSC GD Constable test is 35% for General and Ex-Servicemen category applicants and 33% for SC/ST/OBC category candidates.Does weight matter in SSC GD? ›
What SSC GD Physical Eligibility for Constable? SSC GD Physical Eligibility lists down factors that include specific height, weight, chest measurements (for male candidates only), and vision. Both male and female candidates must ensure that they satisfy the physical standards to get recruited as a GD Constable.Is SSC GD hard or easy? ›
The difficulty level of the SSC GD CBT exam is usually easy to moderate. But along with qualifying for the written exam, candidates are supposed to pass the medical and fitness tests as well.What is general cutoff for SSC GD? ›
SSC GD Expected Cutoff 2022
The expected cut off marks for SSC GD exam in the next recruitment based on the past trends would be something like: minimum qualifying SSC GD Constable cut off percentage is 35% for General and Ex-servicemen category and 33% for SC/ST/OBC category candidates.
SSC GD Physical Standard for Male Candidates.
|Height||170 cm (minimum)|
|Race||5 km in 24 minutes|
|Long Jump||14 feet , candidates will get three chances|
|High Jump||3'9'' (In three chances)|
How long is SSC GD training? ›
SSC GD training period lasts for 1 year after which the salary will be increased drastically, as well as the scope for growth and promotion.Which post is higher in SSC GD? ›
SSC GD Constable is promoted to the post of Senior Head Constable and may be required to take charge of a police station. The SSC GD Salary also increases with the promotion in posts. Some of the posts SSC GD Constable may be further promoted are mentioned below: Senior Constable.How do you ace GD rounds? ›
- Groom Yourself for GD. ...
- Take Clarifications if Required Beforehand. ...
- Always Carry Pen and Notebook. ...
- Initiate the Discussion if Possible. ...
- Maintain Eye Contact while Speaking. ...
- Be A Good Listener in Group Discussion. ...
- Speak well and Aloud. ...
- Maintain Decorum.
- Rich Content with good subject knowledge. ...
- Be a Leader. ...
- Be relevant. ...
- Be a good Listener. ...
- Improve your Communication Skills.
- Body gestures: Very important tool for Group Discussion. ...
- No Aggressive Move. ...
- Don't Crisscross on your Ideas.
- Awareness of Topics Relating to Your Background Is Crucial. ...
- Take the Lead. ...
- There Is No Place for Aggression in Group Discussions. ...
- Communicate Effectively. ...
- Listen Carefully, Do Not Just Hear. ...
- Work On Your Body Language. ...
- Avoid Deviating From the Topic. ...
- Be the First to Summarize the Discussion.
Yes, you can prepare for SSC exams by yourself without help from any coaching centers and can attain success too. Aspirants who have set their target for SSC 2023 are going to gain a lot from this article as we have collated a few simple and very important tips to prepare for upcoming SSC exams without coaching.Can I clear SSC in 3 months? ›
It is the ideal time for preparation. Now, many of the aspirants may be thinking, “Is it possible to prepare for SSC CGL exam in just 3 months?” and the answer is “Yes”. You can prepare for the SSC CGL exam excellently in just 3 months, if you have followed the appropriate preparation strategy with dedication.How can I crack SSC GD in 2 months? ›
3. Attempt SSC GD Mock Test 17
- Revision of topics of your choice.
- Attempt previous year's papers.
- Attempt SSC GD Mock Test 18.
- Attempt SSC GD Mock Test 19.
|15||Jammu & Kashmir||35|
Candidates can check the marks from the direct link provided above or from the official website i.e. ssc.nic.in.
How many attempts are there in SSC GD Constable? ›
Number of Attempts Permitted for SSC GD Constable 2022? There is no maximum number of attempts specified in the SSC GD Constable recruitment notification of previous years.Does handwriting matter in SSC? ›
You can choose and write in any handwriting patterns, However, it must be very legible and readable to the examiner. This is what matters the most. I hope this helps, All the Best!What is the chest size for SSC GD? ›
For male category candidates, the chest should be 80 to 85 cm. And there is no chest measurement for female candidates.Does height matter in SSC GD? ›
Answer: The minimum height for general category males must be at least 170 cm. Answer: The academic qualification for the SSC GD exam should be a 10th pass or Matriculation pass.What is the running process of SSC GD? ›
The SSC GD Constable selection process includes 3 stages- Computer Based Test (CBT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET)/Physical Standards Test (PST), and Medical Examination.How do you calculate cut off marks? ›
First, take your mathematic marks divide it by 2, then you will get the marks for 100. Marks of physics and chemistry should be divided by 4, then you would get marks for 50 for each subject. This is the normal process to getting cutoff marks.What is Part A and Part B in SSC GD? ›
The Part A and Part B are Part A - General Intelligence and Reasoning Part B - General Knowledge and General Awareness. Q: In which language is SSC GD question paper set?What is SSC GD Constable salary? ›
The minimum basic pay of a GD Constable is Rs. 21,700 which can maximum go to Rs. 69,100. The annual package for a General Duty Constable is approximately INR 3,00,000/- - INR 6,00,000/-.Is laser eye surgery allowed in SSC GD? ›
SSC GD Constable Detailed Medical Examination (DME) 2022-23
Visual Standards: The candidates must have a visual acuity of no less than 6/9 in the worse eye. Visual correction of any kind is not permitted.
The candidates who clear the PST and satisfy the SSC GD physical requirements will be called for the Physical Efficiency Test (PET). This stage of the SSC GD Selection Process aims to test the endurance and fitness level of the male and female candidates through a race. The details of the SSC GD PET are as follows.
Is physical fitness required for SSC GD? ›
SSC GD Physical Standards. Physical Standard is another important eligibility for the post of SSC GD. Candidates who will qualify for the Computer Based Test will be shortlisted for the Physical Eligibility Test/ Physical Standard Test which is conducted by the commission.Can I study after joining SSC GD? ›
In your entire career, you can opt for study leave of not more than of 24 months.How many shifts are there in SSC GD? ›
The SSC GD CBT exam is scheduled to be held from 10th January to 14th February 2023. The SSC GD CBT exam will be held in 4 shifts. Candidates who have applied and appearing for the SSC GD computer based online exam must reach the exam venue 30 minutes prior to the reporting time mentioned in the SSC GD Admit Card.What is the full form of Constable GD? ›
The SSC GD full form is Staff Selection Commission, General Duty.What is the uniform of SSC GD Constable? ›
They wear a khaki or olive green khaki dress with black shoes and a belt. Check out the SSC GD Constable Salary and Job Profile for all forces here in detail.Which book is best for constable exam? ›
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal (English) 1st Edition – BS Sijwali & Indu Sijwali.
- Lucent's Reasoning.
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal.
- Logical & Analytical Reasoning (English) 1st Edition – AK Gupta.
|Book Title||Author Name|
|Reasoning||Sri Saitej Publications|
|Reasoning||MC Reddy Publications|
|Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning||Kiran's Publication|
|SSC CGL English Books||Authors/Publication House|
|Competitive General English||Kiran Prakashan|
|Perfect Competitive English||V.K. Sinha|
|Quick Learning Objective General English||RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal|
|From Plinth to Paramount||Neetu Singh|
The expected cut off marks for SSC GD exam in the next recruitment based on the past trends would be something like: minimum qualifying SSC GD Constable cut off percentage is 35% for General and Ex-servicemen category and 33% for SC/ST/OBC category candidates.Is constable exam easy? ›
You can use mock tests, previous year papers, and test series to revise what you have studied. What is the difficulty level of the KSP Constable exam? The KSP Constable exam is not that difficult.
How can I crack the police constable exam? ›
- Understand the Syllabus. ...
- Make a Study Plan. ...
- View Best Study Materials. ...
- Reading Newspaper. ...
- Practice Mock Tests. ...
- Manage Your Time. ...
- Avoid Last-Minute Preparation. ...
- Don't Overburden Yourself.
Candidates must be between the age of 18 years to 23 years as on January 2023. As per the SSC GD constable physical test details, male candidates must have a height of 170 cm and female candidates must be 157 cm in height. The SSC GD Constable physical eligibility is for male candidates to have a chest size of 80 cm.Is there math on police exam? ›
The Entrance Exam for police officers measures the basic skills necessary to perform successfully as a police officer. The test covers four areas: (1) math skills, (2) reading comprehension skills, (3) language skills, and (4) writing skills.How many years we should study for police? ›
It may take at least 4 years to enter the Police Officer, however, this varies depending on your designation and credentials. After passing your 12th grade from a recognized education board, you may normally join the IPS as a constable or head constable.Is police constable a respectable job? ›
Many Candidates interested in applying for these vacancies often search for the Delhi Police Constable Salary and Pay allowances. If you are also looking for the same, you have landed at the right place. A career in Police is recognized as one of the most respected positions in our society.How many hours should I study for SSC? ›
To qualify the SSC exam with 30 days of preparation, a candidate must devote at least 16 hours a day studying and dedicate equal time for preparation of each and every topic. Given below are the 10 tips that may help candidates prepare for the SSC CGL exam in 30 days and qualify it in the same attempt.How can I learn SSC fast? ›
- Go through the Syllabus Carefully. ...
- Prepare a Proper Study Plan. ...
- Collect Study Material. ...
- Solve Previous Year Question Papers & Mock Tests. ...
- Look For Online Help or Coaching. ...
- Know the Previous Years Cut Off. ...
- Knowing the SSC CGL Syllabus & Difficulty Level.
- Study And Analyse SSC CGL General Studies Syllabus: The first step is to be aware of what exactly you have to study. ...
- Refer To The Right Study Material. ...
- Make A Schedule And Follow It. ...
- Make Notes: ...
- Solve Previous Years' Papers. ...
- Practice Mock Tests.